Stacey D. Stewart // MBA '87
- What’s a book you read recently? Battle Cry of Freedom, by James McPherson.
- First album/CD you bought? An album (see how old I am) by Graham Central Station.
- What’s on your iPod? Jay-Z, Bruno Mars, Incognito, Drake.
- Guilty pleasure? Popcorn with butter at the movies.
- Personal hero? My mom. She’s smart and beautiful and speaks her mind.
- Best business decision? To work on accelerating United Way’s transformation to community impact.
- What advice would you give to yourself 10 years ago? The same advice I give myself today: Don’t waste time doing things you don’t love.
- One thing you learned in b-school that you’ll never forget? ? The time value of money.
- First website you access in the morning? Twitter.
- If you had a theme song, what would it be? Girl on Fire, by Alicia Keys.
- Three people, living or dead, you’d have over to dinner? Malala Yousafzai, Harriet Tubman, and Abraham Lincoln.
- Best trophy/award you ever won? Donald H. McGannon Award from the National Urban League.
- If you could read anyone’s mind, who would it be? Barack Obama.
- What did you want to be when you were a kid? A florist.
- Pet peeve? When people don’t say what they mean, directly and clearly.
- Unfulfilled wish? To be a deejay.
- Favorite drink? Fresca.
- Who is today’s most influential business leader? Mark Zuckerberg.
- Favorite person to follow on Twitter? It was Ta-Nehisi Coates. He’s so thoughtful and interesting.
- Business or charity you wish more people knew about? The United Way!
For an extended “20 Questions,” visit Dividend Online, then leave a comment to let us know if you share her same interests and passions.