Course Materials (TEXTPAKs), Course Reserves and Assignment and Exam Program
An announcement will be posted in CTools for each class approximately 2 weeks before classes begin when a course material packet is required. The announcement will include important ordering, printing and refund information.
All orders will be in electronic format via Study.net. Click How-To-Guide for instructions on how to purchase, view, download or order a printed copy (TEXTPAK™).
If you purchased a non-refundable TEXTPAK, an email will be sent within 2-4 business days (M-F) after you have completed the order. The email will confirm that your TEXTPAK is available to pick up. If you do not receive an email within 2-4 business days, please contact us.
The non-refundable TEXTPAK includes only those materials that are printable, it does not include material link, website, or spreadsheet files.
Pick up hours and location: Kresge Annex - Law School, 102 Legal Research MAP
All pick up orders will require a valid photo ID (MCard, driver's license, or passport). If you need someone to pick up your order for you, contact us with your name, your order ID number, and the name of the person picking up your order. The person collecting your order will also need photo ID.
Refunds for ePacks ONLY will be made if the following conditions are met and your request is submitted by the refund date for the term. Your refund request will be processed within 1-3 days provided the policy conditions were met.
- You were enrolled in the course prior to purchasing the ePack and have officially dropped the course
- Email a refund request to firstname.lastname@example.org
NO REFUND will be provided for printed TEXTPAK™.
Curriculum items that are required or supplemental to a course may be placed by faculty throughout the semester. Course Reserves are available at the Shapiro Library (University Reserves collection located within Askwith Media Library). Please see this page for more information.
Assignment and Exam Program
A central office, located in the Kresge Annex, open ~30 hours/week, where students can pick up assignments and view exams in a secure, supervised manner by Kresge staff. Faculty will notify their class when an assignment or exam is available for pickup or viewing.
- Assignment Return: Many faculty members currently hand back assignments during class, but many would rather find a way to do this without using class time. For these items, an ID (MCard or Driver's License) is shown to the staff member and the assignment is given back to the student for them to keep.
- Completed Exam Viewing (students view only): Many faculty members (especially for core classes) do not hand back completed exams, instead only posting the grades. Should a student want to see how he or she did in the particular exam, they will allow students to view the exam for a short period of time (around 15 minutes or less) where they can review what they did. They are not allowed to copy the exam or remove it from the space.
- Completed Exam Return (students keep): Some faculty members hand back completed exams and can use this service instead of class time. Similar to the assignment return, an ID (MCard or Driver's License) is shown to the staff member and the assignment is given back to the student for them to keep. If you have any questions about this program, please contact us.