Conferences & Seminars
CIBER works with faculty to develop research conferences with an international-business focus. It also sponsors seminars and public lectures on global-economic issues, both in the Ross School and for the University community.
Business Chinese Workshop
The Center for International Business Education and Research (CIBER) and the Center for Chinese Studies (CCS) at the University of Michigan successfully sponsored the 2003, 2006, 2010, and 2013 Business Chinese Workshops.
2013 Business Chinese Workshop presentations covered the development, instruction, and research of Business Chinese (BC). Topics included the following:
- Learner and need analysis for BC courses
- Business culture in BC instruction
- Development of BC courses for a special purpose
- Material development for BC courses
- Innovative approaches in BC instruction
- Technological BC applications
- BC programs abroad
- Assessment and evaluation of BC learning and teaching
- General LSP and CSP theories and practice
For more information about future conferences and seminars, see the CIBERweb calendar