Link My iMpact
Graduate Student Life

Parking & Tranportation

The University provides campus-wide bus services, and the Ann Arbor Transit Authorit/TheRide (AATA) is available for off-campus transportation services.

Permit parking passes are available to graduate students through the University's Parking Services. Several parking structures allow guests to park on a per hour payment basis. Metered street parking is also available, but not always reliable.

Obtaining a Drivers License, Registering a Car, State ID

Secretary of State - Information on Michigan's Driver's license, State ID, and car registration

The International Center has information on driver's licenses for International Students.

Transportation from Campus to Detroit Metro Airport


Metro Cars


Yellow Car Cab

Other Transportation Options

AATA iShareARide


Campus ZipCar

Tips on Driving & Buying a Car

Tips on Buying a Bicycle

"10 Best Cities for Young Adults"