Dean's Search Committee Seeks Input from Ross Community
Search committe website provides online survey and other ways to offer insight as international search continues.
ANN ARBOR, Mich. — University of Michigan Provost Teresa Sullivan and Provost-designate Phil Hanlon have appointed a search advisory committee to identify recommended candidates for the new dean of the Ross School of Business.
Robert Dolan announced at the end of March that he would step down as the Edward J. Frey Dean at Ross when his second term ends on June 30, 2011.
"Dean Dolan's leadership and vision have literally transformed the Ross School into one of the elite business schools in the world," Sullivan says. "He will leave a legacy that positions the school to continue its tradition of excellence. We are looking forward to working with him as he concludes his deanship while continuing to contribute to the broader campus utilizing his considerable skills as an administrator, a scholar, and a visionary leader."
Gerald Davis, the Wilbur K. Pierpont Collegiate Professor of Management and professor of management and organizations at Ross, is chairman of the search advisory committee. He invites the Ross community to visit the committee's website and present input via email or survey submission.
Members of the search advisory committee, who are from the Ross School unless otherwise noted, include:
Visit the search advisory committee's website for more information.
- Melanie Barnett, senior executive director, Executive Education
- Paula Caproni, lecturer of management and organizations; academic director, Executive Skills Program
- Susan Collins, Joan and Sanford Weill Dean of Public Policy and professor of public policy, Gerald R. Ford School of Public Policy; professor of economics, LSA
- Amy Dittmar, associate professor of finance
- Thomas Jones, BBA '68, MBA '71, The Hagerty Group Inc.
- John Kennedy, MBA '05, president/CEO, Autocam Corp.
- Robert Kennedy, Tom Lantos Professor of Business Administration; executive director, William Davidson Institute
- M.S. Krishnan, Michael R. and Mary Kay Hallman Fellow; professor and chair of business information technology
- Francine Lafontaine, professor of business economics and public policy; chair of business economics; and professor of economics, LSA
- William Lanen, professor and chair of accounting
- William Lovejoy, Raymond T. Perring Family Professor of Business Administration; professor of operations and management science
- David Morlock, senior associate director, U-M Hospitals & Health Centers; chief financial officer, U-M Health System
- Marco Oropeza, BBA student
- Wade Rakes, MBA student and president, Black Business Students' Association
- Cindy Schipani, Merwin H. Waterman Collegiate Professor of Business Administration; professor of business law; and chair of law, history, and communication
- David Wooten, associate professor of marketing
For more information, contact:
Bernie DeGroat, (734) 936-1015 or 647-1847, email@example.com