MAP Project Roles
- MAP teams consist of 4-6 MBA students solely dedicated for a seven week period to work together in Ann Arbor and at the company site to provide solid recommendations and solutions to business opportunities or challenges as defined by the sponsoring company/organization. In return, students receive 7.5 course credits.
- Faculty advisors are assigned to each project to facilitate the educational process and guide the students in their analyses and recommendations. Faculty advisors are selected from the following business disciplines: Business Information Technology, Finance, Managerial Accounting, Marketing, Operations Management Science, Management and Organizations (Human Resources), Corporate Strategy/International Business
- Define the project issue and submit a MAP project proposal
- Appoint a company liaison & alternate liaison
- Provide access to information and personnel
- Reimburse students' project-related expenses in a timely manner
- Ensure senior management attendance at the MAP final presentation
Primary and Alternate Project Liaisons
- Work with MAP Program administration to discuss budget and planning details
- Serve as day-to-day contact person(s) for the student team and the key point-person(s) for the company, and faculty. (5-10 hours a week)
- Facilitate student access to company information and resources.
- Help the team with setting up interviews with key personnel important to the project.
- Communicate periodically with MAP liaison faculty to discuss progress on the project
- Share enthusiasm for the project with the student team. Emphasize the importance of the project and the overall value it will bring to the Company/Organization.