Link My iMpact
Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Watch us on YouTube Watch us on YouTube Check out Tumblr!

Before You Apply

Talk to Your Advisor

Before you apply to our programs, we highly recommend that you speak with an Academic Advisor to review your progress toward your degree and to determine which program best suits your academic goals. For Ross students, please click here to contact an Academic Advisor. For all other Undergraduate majors, please visit your program's academic advising website for information about scheduling an appointment.

Before speaking with an advisor, you may also be interested in visiting our web pages about language courses or business courses available to you here at the University. These courses are optional, but we strongly recommend that students look into them in order to internationalize their time on campus. Additionally, there is an International Studies Major and Minor offered at the University that may be of interest to students who wish to travel with Ross Global Initiatives programs.


All Ross Global Initiatives program applications and brochures are available on M-Compass. M-Compass is a University of Michigan website where students can search and apply for study-abroad programs and other international opportunities throughout the University. Click here for a link to all of the Ross Global Initiatives programs available.

Explore Funding Options

Students applying for Ross programs will be able to submit a request for funding along with their M-Compass program application. We also suggest that students speak with their program's financial aid department as they can provide detailed information about other potential funding sources based on individual financial need. For Ross students, please click here to visit the financial aid website. For all other Undergraduate majors, please visit the website here.

Apply for a Passport/Check Visa Requirements

All international travelers need a passport. Please visit for more information about how to obtain a passport. International students need to check their own visa status and their own entry requirements to the country where they wish to travel. For assistance with any passport/visa questions, two websites may helpful to students: