To best assess your qualifications for the Master of Management Program, we ask that you submit a variety of materials. Each element of the application plays an integral role in the overall admission evaluation; no single piece of the application is weighted more heavily than another. The following
is a list of the requirements and application components we require:
- Non-business bachelor’s degree.
- Current resume.
- GMAT or GRE results.
- TOEFL or IELTS results (for international applicants only). Scores must be dated within two years of your application to Ross.
Two letters of recommendation.
- Undergraduate transcripts.
- Prerequisite course (listed below). A grade of ‘C’ or better is required.
- Non-refundable application fee of $75 for domestic students, or $100 for international students.
Math 105 – Data, Functions, and Graphs (or equivalent, or higher-level course for which Math 105 or equivalent is a prerequisite). This course presents the concepts of pre-calculus from four points of view: geometric (graphs), numeric (tables), symbolic (formulas), and written (verbal descriptions). The emphasis is on the mathematical modeling of real-life problems using linear, polynomial, exponential, logarithmic, and trigonometric functions.
Non-University of Michigan Courses
The math prerequisite must be taken at an accredited four-year university.
Additional Requirements for International Applicants
International applicants are required to submit copies of both an academic record and diploma (or other document indicating the date and conferral of your degree).
If the original language of the academic record and diploma is not English, a certified English translation must accompany the original document. The translation should be literal rather than interpretive. If a certified copy of the original transcript is submitted, it must be certified by the institution from which the degree was received. Documents notarized by a Notary Public are not acceptable.
Credentials must include the following:
- years of attendance at the academic institution
- courses taken
- grades received
- dated degree, diploma, or certificate
International students who have not attended school within the United States must also submit scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). We also accept an IELTS score as an alternative to the TOEFL. Arrange for test results to be reported to us directly by the Educational Testing Service.
- We require the Internet-based test (IBT) version of the TOEFL exam.
- A minimum TOEFL score of 100 is required to be considered for admission.
- We strongly recommend an IELTS score of 7 or higher.
- The University of Michigan's TOEFL code number is 1839.
- TOEFL and IELTS exams should be taken prior to application
- We will not accept scores from tests taken more than two years before your date of application.
- To register for tests, contact:
www.toefl.org or www.ielts.org
TOEFL/IELTS Waiver: International applicants who have
completed an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution where
the sole language of instruction was English are exempt from the TOEFL/IELTS requirement.
The program is open to candidates with non-business undergraduate degrees. Those with an undergraduate business degree or a minor in business are not eligible. All applicants must have completed their undergraduate degree no more than two years prior to
enrolling in the MM program. The program is designed for candidates with little to no full-time work experience. Candidates with some (e.g., 1 year to 18 months) work experience are eligible to apply. Candidates with more work experience are encouraged to apply to our other graduate degree programs. Class profiles, program descriptions, and admission requirements for each of those programs can be found here.