1) 45 Business Administration credits, made up of:
- Roughly 30 credit hour MBA core (no credit is awarded for Business
Administration core courses successfully waived: credit must be earned
with Business electives);
- Roughly 15 elective hours in Business Administration;
- MBA Communication Requirement.
2) The MFA 72 credit hour degree program including:
- minimum 60 credit hours of ARTDES courses;
- 12 hours of transferable credit hours from the School of
The total credit hours for the dual degree must be at least 108
(or 111 credit hours if an A&D student begins the dual degree program in the second year of the A&D curriculum).
Each school will apply
its own deferred admission standards to students who elect to take
the first year in the other school. Students who wish to begin with
Art & Design should see a counselor in the Business School to
arrange an appropriate plan of study. No course work completed prior
to admission in either of the two halves of the program may be counted toward the MBA requirements of the dual
Candidates interested in the dual program must file separate
applications to and be admitted by both schools. Applicants must
indicate on both applications that they are applying for this
specific dual degree program.
Students will register for courses under the Ross School of Business for four
full terms and under Rackham for four full terms. For example, a student would register for Years 1 & 3 under Business and Years 2 & 4 under Rackham. Students should see a counselor to determine an appropriate plan of study.
Please see below for sample plans of this dual degree